Type of Personal Information Collected
We may collect and hold Personal Information related to those who access our websites. Personal Information will vary. Such Personal Information may, for example, include your name, address, phone numbers and email address.
- Log Information - When you visit our websites, a record of your visit is automatically made by our servers of the information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These ‘server logs’ may include information such as your server address; your top level domain name; the date and time of your visit; the web pages you accessed; the documents you downloaded and the type of browser and language you are using.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – We may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Cookies - We may collect information on our websites through cookies. Cookies are very small text files placed on your hard drive by a computer server. A cookie serves as your identification card on the website and is uniquely yours. A cookie can only be read by the server that gave it to you. Cookies tell us that you returned to a specific web page on our website, and help us track your preferences and transactional habits. Cookies help us personalise your experience at our websites by permitting our computer server to "remember" who you are. Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to prompt you about cookies or to refuse to accept cookies. Rejecting cookies may interfere with your use and enjoyment of our websites.
Purposes for which Personal Information is Collected
Sports Hydrant may use the Personal Information collected for the compilation of statistical data; website development/improvement; to respond to any email inquiries; to notify you of any upcoming events; for quality control; for systems administration; and legal compliance purposes. Sports Hydrant may also use the Personal Information collected for the purposes of third party advertising. Such use may include, for example, the use of information in your online profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. This helps Sports Hydrant to ensure any third party advertising and promotions are more likely to be of interest to you. Your email address will not be added to a mailing list without your consent being sought or your request to do so. We do not use the Personal Information for any other purpose unless this is disclosed when we collect the Personal Information.
Retention and Disclosure
Personal Information will only be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose it was provided or as required by law. We do not share Personal Information with third parties except as necessary to carry out our business or as required by law or other legal processes. We do not sell Personal Information. Personal Information may be transferred within Sports Hydrant, but only as necessary to meet your requirements. All personnel with access to Personal Information maintain its confidentiality. We will only disclose Personal Information to a third party where we have consent to do so or the disclosure is permitted or required by law.
We take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from disclosure, unauthorised access, modification, misuse or loss. To keep electronic information secure, we use a range of security measures, such as restricting access to users who have a valid username and password. However, no information transmitted over the internet is completely secure and any Personal Information you supply us (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Access to and Currency of Personal Information
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have the right to obtain a copy of any Personal Information which we hold about you and ask us to correct it if you consider it inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact our Privacy Officer as set out below if you wish to find out what Personal Information we hold about you. There are exceptions to this right where making the Personal Information available:
- would reveal a commercially sensitive decision making process;
- would reveal Personal Information about another person; or
- is prohibited by law or where we are legally prevented from disclosing the Personal Information.
We endeavour to make sure the Personal Information which we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. If we are notified that the Personal Information we hold is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take steps to ensure that it is corrected or the changes to the Personal Information are noted. Destruction of Personal Information We destroy Personal Information no longer needed for the purposes for which it was intended or if we are no longer required by law to retain it. Hard copy documents are properly disposed of and all electronic information is deleted from our systems.
We may send advertising mail to our subscribers where the advertising mail is related to the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected. If you no longer wish to receive promotional information from us, you should advise our Privacy Officer. Normally our records will be amended within two (2) days.
Enquiries relating to our Privacy Statement, practices or procedures, including requests for access to Personal Information or amendments to Personal Information, should be directed to our Privacy Officer. Our Privacy Officer may be contacted as follows: